Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Baby


Devlina


Shh! My baby sleeps...

Under the mosquito net

How sweet is her face

Eyes slightly open

Like a tiny opening shell

That has a pearl inside.

A little twitching smile

Plays on her lips-

A butterfly's flutter-

But only fleeting.

Her kajal rimmed lids

Are heavy with sleep-

She dreams of angels surely-

Or is it my smile she thinks of?

Or is it the moment that

Dad picks her up

And with eyes of joy

Their eyes lock in gaze?

Wonder and love Come flooding in.


Her little fists are soft and round

Fingers curled but only just.

At her wrist a tiny bangle

Grandma's blessings full.


Damp and curly is her hair

Just a little sparse

Upon her little head

Framing her Little ears


I gaze her

My miracle

piece of me

That I gave to Time.

2 comments:

jhum said...

DD sotti osadharon. eto emotion lekhatar moddhe mon vore jai pore. sob mayederi bodhoi ei onuvuti hoi...

Linas said...

Thank you, JJ